Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My first successful CVS trip!

I have been wanting to try out the drug store savings for some time now. Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid all offer reward programs and points for shopping at their stores. Finding the savings is a little bit trickier and their is a certain way to put it all together in order to get the most savings. My friend Bobbi-sue, whom I have mentioned several times, has been doing this for a while now and is really good at it. We finally got a chance to go last night and get some really good stuff. She taught me how to find the deals and what coupons to use and so forth.

CVS Trip

Total before savings $46.66
Total spent $16.89
Total saved $29.77
Got back $10.00 in ECB's
Extra Care Bucks are rewards that you get for buying certain items they have on sale and I can use them on my next trip to et $10 worth of stuff for free. In the beginning you have to spend a little to get started and accrue ECB's, but it's worth it in the end. Bobbie-sue once got nine boxes of Tampax Pearl tampons for $2! At retail price they are usually $7-10 a box, depending on the store.


Here's what I got:
-2 bottles Pantene shampoo
-2 bottles Pantene conditioner
-2 bottles Gain dish soap
-1 bottles Tide Stain Release spray
-1 Gillette Fusion Proglide razor
-1 bag Planters Flavor Grove almonds (free)

No comments:

Post a Comment