Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

Christmas has once again come and gone. This was a really fun year for us! Connor loved all of his toys and it was just a great day for all three of us! Cary and I were both off on Christmas day for the first time since we moved here three years ago. Cary got up early and started a fire for us and let me sleep in a little. Once I got up, we got Connor and opened gifts.


Thanks to Bayleaf's Toy Chest, we were able to get Connor a kitchen set!! He loves it!! We are pleased that he likes it so much. We also got a big box of blocks and a fun little zoo set.




I got Cary a video game and a book and he got me Scrabble Flash and the Holiday Christmas Classics on DVD!
After gifts, I made us a big Christmas breakfast with biscuits, gravy, bacon, and eggs. Then, I started getting things ready for Christmas dinner and spent some time relaxing and enjoying the fire. We pretty much skipped lunch since we had such a big breakfast and had dinner around 5:30pm. It was so so good!! Here are a few pictures of our dinner.


a yummy spiral sliced glazed ham

yeast rolls

I have always called this "pink stuff", but it is better known as cranberry salad.


and of course deviled eggs. Cary loves deviled eggs and I always make them for special occassions!
I also made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and chocolate cheesecake but we forgot to take pics of them. Everything was so wonderful and turned out just right! Overall we had an awesome day together and really enjoyed it. To top it off, it started snowing around 7pm and didn't stop until about 1pm the next day!

1 comment:

  1. Your Christmas dinner looked yummuy! So glad you all had a great Christmas. Can't wait to see you. HOpe we can get together soon!!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete