Friday, December 10, 2010

Kroger and Target Trips

Kroger Trip

Kroger has done the same Mega Event three weeks in a row now. Each week, they have changed a few items, but the basic list has stayed the same. This makes it easy to stock up on some favorites!

Total before savings $58.13
Total spent $15.96
Total saved $42.17

Here's what I got:
-5 boxes Orville Redenbacher popcorn
-2 bags Pillsbury Grands frozen biscuits
-1 bag Steamfresh frozen veggies
-1 pouch Bumblebee tuna
-1 (4 ct.) Colgate Wisp (free)
-1 (10 ct.) Crest 3D White whitening strips (these are normally $27 but I got them for $5)

This was not a great trip. I realized when I got home that the popcorn was $0.50 more a box that what I had originally added up, but still a pretty good deal.


Target Trip

I do not swear by Target by any means. They are cheaper than Kroger or Harris Teeter, but they do not double coupons. I can almost always find stuff cheaper at Wal-mart even if I don't have a coupon for something. I do love shopping there when it comes to clothes and checking out their clearance racks. I does take a little more work to find the best deals, but sometimes it's worth the time. One good thing about Target is that they will stack coupons, which means they will take one Target coupon, that you can print off of their site, and one Manufacturer coupon per item. With the exception of the mac and cheese, I had a Target and a Manufacturer coupon for each of these items.

Total before savings $19.86
Total spent $7.48
Total saved $12.38

Here's what I got:
-2 boxes Ritz crackers
-2 bags Kraft Homestyle mac and cheese
-1 bottle 7th Generation all-purpose cleaner
-2 pkgs. Philly cream cheese (free)
-1 cont. Fage greek yogurt
-2 bags Kraft Touch of Philly shredded cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment