Friday, December 17, 2010

Connor-18 months

I am loving Connor at this age!! He is curious, constantly saying new words and copying what we say, which is good for accountability, and he loves to be around us!!! He loves to get up on the couch with Cary and I and snuggle between us. On the mornings that Cary is working, after breakfast I sit on the couch and watch the weather while I drink my coffee. Sometimes Connor will come over and say "up, please" and he will sit and my lap and lay back on my chest and watch tv with me. I love these moments and hold him as long as he will let me!!




New words and phrases:
up please
down please
sit
daddy
coffee
turkey
thank you
cold
bye bye
goose
close

There are a few more, but I can't think of them right now. He is eating so well with a fork and spoon and is getting so much better about communicating about what he wants. He is sleeping from about 8pm to 7-7:30am. We still put him down at 7:30pm but sometimes he will laugh and talk to himself for almost 30 minutes. He does the same thing in the morning when he wakes up in the morning.



As for discipline, he listens pretty well. Usually, we only have to tell him "no" a couple of times and he will obey, but there are a few things he likes to push his luck on. He has a chair that my mom got him and he absolutely loves it. One of the first things he did was stand up in it and try to climb over the back. We put a stop to that real quick. Most of the time he will just go sit in it, but every now and then he will stand up in it and look at us like "What are you going to do now?" We tell him to sit down and he will say "sit" and then laugh at us, while still standing in his chair! He is very smart and knows exactly how to test his limits. The chair in this picture is not the one I'm referring to, but we still have to watch and make sure he sits in it correctly.



My mom gave him this tape/CD player so we could play music while he plays in his room. I was in the living room and realized he had been quiet for a few minutes and this is what I found him doing. He loves to push the buttons and change the tracks. It was so cute.


A couple of weeks ago, when we dropped him off at the nursery, he didn't cry! I was so pleased that he has now realized that we will be back to get him. We still get good reports from the workers and they always tell us what a joy he is to be around and how well he plays with the other kids. Last week, we went to get him and he was on the floor by himself playing. The girl told me that they tried to put him in a chair with the other kids to have a snack he just wanted to play. The funniest part is that he turned down crackers, which are his new favorite thing! He asks for crackers at every meal! He LOVES them!!

We are not ready for another yet, but if our next child is as easygoing and happy as Connor, it will hard to not want one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment