Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weighing it all out

In light of my new vow to write more about our lives and not just saving money, there is something I have been wanting to share for a while now. Not only for accountability, but also for me to see progress and results.

For a while now I have been struggling with my weight. I gained more than I should have when I was pregnant with Connor. A lot of it was just not being self-controlled and using the "Oh I'm pregnant" excuse when it came to food. There were a couple of times that my doctor mentioned my weight when we had checkups but I never really took it to heart. Now that it's over a year later, I am just tired of being this way and my clothes not fitting! Last fall, Cary and I got really serious about eating healthy and made some huge changes in how we ate and the things we bought at the grocery store. We have always been pretty healthy eaters, but there were some very unnecessary calories being consumed and they were not helping us at all! I also started walking with a friend about 4-5 times and week and I lost about 10lbs. of my baby weight over the course of about three months. She moved in December and I just kind of lost my motivation. I would still go to the park and walk a couple of days a week, if that, during the spring, but I was still not losing any weight. A very dear friend of mine got engaged in June and asked me to be in her wedding in April (2011). This was a huge motivator to get the weight off, since I would be standing in front of 200+ people in a very cute strapless dress, not to mention that the other three bride's maids are like sizes 4 and 6!! I know that comparing myself to others is not always best, but I have been a size 6-8 my whole life until now and I will get back to it!! So, I started running with a friend in July and kept it up for about two months. At the end of August, my running buddy hurt her foot and has not been able to run since then and again I lost motivation.
Finally in September, I got really motivated to get this weight off and keep it off. I just got tired of making excuses and again, not having very many clothes that fit. I have always been very self-conscious about my body, but now more than ever.
For the last month, end of sept. til now, I have been going to the park four, sometimes five days a week and walking for at least 30 minutes, while pushing Connor. The track I walk is two miles, so I getting in at least eight miles a week and sometimes ten. I noticed a difference just after two weeks! I had so much energy and I felt so much better about myself. I have already lost a few pounds and my out-look on this burden has improved. I plan to slowly increase my walking time and distance as well.

My goal is to lose 20lbs. by April 16, that's the day of my friend's wedding and my overall goal is 30lbs.
When I started walking last month (this is slightly embarrassing for me to admit) I was 168lbs.
I am now down to 162lbs.

My pre-pregnancy weight was 149lbs. and I was actually trying to lose about 10lbs. before we found out we were pregnant. So my goal is to get back to 140lbs., which is what I was when we moved here three years ago. Ideally, in a perfect world, I would love to get back to my college weight, which was between 130-135, but I know getting older can make that difficult, but not impossible!

I ask that you would pray for me as I am continuing this battle and help hold me accountable. I will update from time to time so I can be accountable and it will help keep me motivated to get the weight off since I will be blogging about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment