Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weighing it all out-update #2

I just read my last update about this and realized that it was over two months ago when I wrote it. I have made significant progress since then. At that point I was down to 159lbs. I pretty much held steady until about two weeks ago, when I made a few more changes to my diet and was able to start walking again! I am now down to 153lbs. and still losing!! I lost six pounds in two weeks! I know this sounds like a lot and maybe almost impossible but I weighed myself every morning as soon as I got up and went to the bathroom. I just watched the scale continue to drop almost every day. Not only was I able to start walking again, but I decided to give up bread and sweets for Lent. I think this is usually a Catholic practice, but I know the point of it is to make sacrifices. I really don't eat a ton of bread anyway, so this one was not going to be a problem. The sweets are my guilty pleasure! So far, I have done really well with it and after a two week jump start, since Lent doesn't even start until tomorrow, I don't really have cravings anymore.
Now let me be clear, I have not completely given up these two wonderful foods. I guess, cutting back on them would be a more appropriate admission. The only bread I am allowing myself, is our homemade pizza. We have a pizza night every week and we really look forward to it. The best part is that, I make the dough at home, so I know what is going in it and I also make it whole wheat, so I know it's still good for me. I am only allowing myself to have two pieces, instead of the usual three. As for sweets, I don't crave them all the time like I used to. As I have slowly cut back on sugary snacks over the last year and half, my mindset has changed and I would rather have fruit or some plain yogurt with honey and cinnamon, instead of cookies or ice cream. I just quit buying them so that they are not even in my house to crave! However, I do have some Thin Mints in my freezer and I have two maybe twice a week. I have also cut back on the amount of caffeine I have. I never have been, nor will I ever be addicted to it. I have not gone through any withdrawals or headaches, etc. I was drinking one cup of coffee every morning and most days, I would have a glass of tea at some point, with either lunch or dinner. I was also drinking only one soda a week, usually on pizza night. There is just something about pizza and Coke. They just go together! Now, I am only drinking two to three cups of coffee a week, one or two glasses of tea a week, and for now, no sodas. I only drink water and Minute Maid Lite Lemonade. My sister-in-law told me about it and I love it!! It only has five, yes five calories PER CAN!! No sugar and very little sodium. It has been a life saver! I don't drink one everyday, but it really helps when I do want something sweet.
These few little changes is how I was able to loose six pounds in two weeks. I know the walking played a part as well, but I am convinced now more than ever that what you eat really can help or hinder your weight loss. I think I mentioned this in my last update, but I was on a workout plan on my Biggest Loser game on the Kinect. I was working out four days a week for at least 30 minutes and it did not seem to be making any difference. I'm sure it was helping, but I was still eating some things that were not good for me and cheating my diet, thinking, "I'll burn this off in my workout." While that may have been true to some degree, I was cheating to much.
I am still a size 12 for now, but I have also been able to buy a new pair of jeans that are a size 12, in addition to my dress pants and skirt that I mentioned in my last update. That was a huge milestone for me as well! Buying the skirt and pants was one thing, but being able to fit into a size 12 jeans was HUGE! As we all know, denim just fits differently and is usually a little tighter than other materials, so that was just my real proof that I have made a ton of progress.
I am now only one size away from my jeans that I wore before I got pregnant and I am only four pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight! I feel great and I can't wait to blog about my next update. Hopefully by then I will have surpassed my pre-pregnancy weight and maybe (fingers crossed) be able to wear my size 10 jeans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment