Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stock up shopping trip

It's been a long time since I have blogged about one of my shopping trips to Harris Teeter. At the beginning of this year, I decided to do less of that and blog more about our family happenings. As stated in my previous post, it's been a crazy year and blogging was put on the back burner all together. I still plan to do less shopping trip blogs, maybe just once a month, and more family blogs. 

This past week was Super Doubles week at Harris Teeter. It turned out to be one of the best for us at this time. With Chloe on the way,via c-section, I've been needing to stock up on several things to get us through September since I will be recovering from my c-section and won't be able to do much for about four weeks. My mom is coming to help, but with a very energetic three year old, a newborn, and me to take care of, I didn't want her to have to worry with a lot of shopping. Other than some weekly basics, milk, bread, eggs, etc, she won't have to and can spend more time with us. 

Over the course of seven days, I made 12 trips to Harris Teeter and one to Kroger, they are having a Mega Event this week that included pasta and I needed to restock. It was a tiring week, but in the end it was totally worth it! And yes, my entire kitchen table is covered, minus the fridge and frozen items. So here goes!

Total before savings $691.02
Total spent $181.57
Total saved $509.45
Percent saved 74%

-2 bags Doritos
-12 boxes pasta
-4 boxes Lucky Charms
-2 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios
-4 boxes Lipton tea
-6 boxes Kleenex
-4 boxes Kashi granola bars (free)
-2 boxes Nutrigrain bars
-11 Zoneperfect protein bars
-4 boxes Ziploc bags
-4 (2pk.) Gerber baby food (I'm going to make all of Chloe's baby food, like I did for Connor, but I got all four of these packs for $0.44, total, not each.
-1 jar Earth's Best baby food (free)
-8 pouches Bumble Bee tuna (free)
-4 jars Smucker's simply fruit
-4 bottles Softsoap hand soap
-3 bottles Listerine mouth wash
-1 pack Stayfree pads (free)
-1 pack Always pads (free)
-6 packs Poise liners
-1 bag Simple facial wipes
-2 bottles KY jelly
-6 Speed Stick deoderants
-2 Old Spice deoderants
-4 bottles All detergent
-2 bottles Method dish soap
-1 tub Pampers wipes
-3 bottles Johnson's baby wash
-1 bottle Johnson's baby lotion
-1 bottle Johnson's baby powder
-1 bottle Suave kids shampoo/conditioner

Not pictured items
-5 packs Nestle Toll House cookies
-5 cartons Smart Balance milk
-4 cartons Organic Valley chocolate milk
-2 bottles Tropicana orange juice
-1 pack Sorrento string cheese
-9 containers Dannon Oikos greek yogurt
-2 Red Baron pizzas
-1 box Snickers ice cream bars
-4 Lean Cuisine meals
-1 tub Smart Balance butter
-2 pouches Gerber organic purees (free)
-4 pouches Plum Organics purees
-3 bottles Bailey's creamer
-4 packs Al Fresco chicken breakfast sausage (free)
-2 bags Krunchers chips

There was a really good sale on diapers this week and combined with coupons it made for some really good deals. We all know how expensive diapers can be and with a baby coming, I took full advantage of this sale. The numbers above are everything together. Here is the break down just in diapers.

Total before savings $203.88
Total spent $35.82
Total saved $168.06
Percent saved 82%

-5 packs Huggies Little Snugglers 
-7 packs Huggies Pure and Natural
-6 packs Huggies Pull Ups

This will probably be my last trip for a few months, but far more exciting things are coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment