Monday, August 20, 2012

Some of my faves...

About two years or so ago, a friend of mine shared a blog post with all of her favorite things. I thought it was such a fun idea so I decided to do the same. I meant to do this about two years ago when I read her post, but I just got lazy and never did it.
Sooo, here are a few of my favorite things.

Best movie series of all time. Period.

 Favorite tv show of all time. Cary got me the box set for Christmas one year and I've lost count of how many times I've watched the series in it's entirety, including commentary.

 I have a secret love affair with this place. It seems to be worse when I'm pregnant. I crave/craved tacos constantly with both Chloe and Connor, but it has always been a favorite of mine. Three of my favorite memories are tied to this place.  First, my mom and I would make several weekend trips up to my grandparent's farm in Missouri during the summer. We would always stop at this one Taco Bell that was right off I-55 in Arkansas. We always had to leave on Fridays when my mom got off work, so we would drive about half way and stop to eat. Secondly, in high school, my best friend and I would make late night Taco Bell runs all the time and then come home and watch movies. My third and most favorite memory is my first date with Cary. Andrew Peterson is one of my favorite musicians. There was a concert in Nashville that was featuring several Christian artists that we both liked, but especially Andrew Peterson. The concert was a total surprise for me. I had to work until 4pm the day of the concert and we had to drive from Jackson to Nashville, which was about a two hour drive. All I was told was that I needed to get home, get showered and be ready to leave at 5pm sharp! When Cary came to pick me up, he had Taco Bell waiting in the car for us to eat on the way! I loved it and it turned out to be an amazing night!
Couponing. I love couponing. Especially when I can get results like this. Groceries are expensive these days so anytime I can get a good deal, I go for it!

I love huskies. I've always wanted one. Maybe one day...

Fried green tomatoes. Need I say more?

I would eat sushi almost everyday if we could afford it. I never had sushi until I met Cary. I always thought it meant raw fish, but it actually refers to the rice. We have learned how to make it at home, which is much cheaper and a lot of fun.

I anticipate the arrival of this every fall!! It's one of those drinks that people either love or hate. There is no in between. I LOVE IT!!

I love puzzles. The more pieces and the more difficult it is, the better! Cary got this one for me for Mother's Day this year.

I've been a Chapstick lover for years. The peppermint was always my favorite. I got this as a free sample in the mail and I like it much better than Chapstick.

This amazing looking dessert is Black Tie Mousse Cake from Olive Garden. This is another one of those, I would eat it everyday if I could kind of things. Cheesecake of any kind is a winner in my book. This cake is dark chocolaty, cheesecakey, creamy mousse goodness!

In my opinion, these are the best cars ever! You can run them into the ground, fix them up and run them into the ground again! We are now on our second Honda and I still love them!

If it were not for fireplaces and snow, I would hate winter. To me, there is no reason for it to be 19 degrees outside unless there is fluffy, soft, frozen water all over the ground! Plus, what goes better with a snowy day than a nice cozy fire to snuggle up in front of?


 This, of course, is my favorite little boy, but I also love hammocks. This one even has a pad to cover it and a pillow to lay on. It is SO comfortable. This is where I relax when Cary is grilling, or where I read a book on a cool fall day.

As I mentioned earlier, I love Andrew Peterson's music. I could listen to this CD at least once everyday. I know every word of every song. No matter what kind of day I have had, even really good days, this CD will always relax me and help me put life into perspective.

I'm not much of a reader and I never have been. It's just been in the last year or two that I have gotten a new appreciation for it. Mostly for two reasons: 1. Cary is a reader. 2. I want my kids to be readers too. I figure one of the best ways for that to happen, other than to read to them on a regular basis, is for them to see the two of us reading on a regular basis. I read this book in high school for a book review and I fell in love with it! I bought a copy in college and I read it periodically.

 Another favorite book of mine. A friend of my brother's gave it to me as a gift when I graduated high school. It was not until my second or third year of college that I finally decided to read it and I was hooked! This is the only book, from which a movie was made, that I can say, "I read the book first." I really enjoy the movie and have it on DVD, but the book is SO much better!!

This is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. Without will power, I would probably consume at least two of these a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment