Friday, February 11, 2011

Weekly Shopping Trip

We are now in week two of our Eat from your pantry challenge and it is going so so well!!! I have already found more time to do other things that I want to do. As for saving money, the first week I only shaved about $10 off of our grocery budget, only because I stocked up on a couple more things to make it through this month and next doing this challenge and there were some staple items we needed. This week however, I only spent $16.12!!! I had a little help though. I'm sure some of you are familiar with Kroger and their reward program. Basically, it's a point system. You get one point for every dollar your spend, before coupons and discounts, you get points for buying certain items, and for using reusable grocery bags. After each quarter, which is three months long, you get a certificate for the points you have accumulated. You get $5 for the first 500 points and $1 for every one hundred after that. During the last quarter, I racked up 1500 points and received a certificate for $15 off my next grocery trip to Kroger! I took full advantage of this today! I was able to get some great fruit for really cheap! I also went to Walmart, which is where I spent most of my total, for some other ingredients and such that I knew would be cheaper there, although, if you need milk, Kroger has their half gallons on sale for $1.67 thru tomorrow and the same is $2.13 at Walmart. I only took a picture of what I got at Kroger since that is where I was using coupons and my certificate.
 
Total before savings $38.68
Total spent $0.84 including taxes
Total saved $37.84

 Here's what I got:
-1 (10lb) bag grapefruits
-2 half gallons milk
-4 bags Kroger frozen veggies
-3 Dove deoderants
-3 tubes Colgate toothpaste
-1 pint bluberries
-1 pint blackberries

No comments:

Post a Comment