Saturday, May 1, 2010

A new addition



As some of you know, my car broke down about 6 months ago and has been sitting on the street by our house. Cary and I had been talking about getting me a new used car and selling my old one for a while now. We wanted to wait until the beginning of the year to see what our tax return was going to be and to see if Cary was going to get promoted, which he did. It was such a blessing that he was, so that I could work less and stay home with Connor more. It also meant that we would have to wait a little longer on getting me a car so that we could save a little more in addition to our tax return. After much patience and trust we were finally able to go get me a new used car! I love it! It is a 2007 Honda Accord. It is nice to not feel trapped in my own home anymore when Cary is at work and be able to go run an errand or two when I want to.
The next step was selling my old car. A few days after we got the new car, I cleaned it out and took off my tags. I had not put a For Sale in it yet because I had not yet finished cleaning it. The next day a man came to our door and asked about the car. He lives across the street from us and has teenagers that he was looking to get a car for. He asked what was wrong with it and price. He went home and talked with his wife and talked with us a few more times and about a week later he bought my old car! We could not believe how quick and painless selling my car was. We never thought it would be that easy and I know in the future it may not be, but God is always faithful to provide a way! God has blessed us tremendously over the last few years and we know he will continue to do so as long as we are faithful to him.
On a side note, we have recently joined a church here in Raleigh that we have been going to for some time now. It is called Bayleaf Baptist and we love being apart of a church family again. We will always miss Englewood, but we know Bayleaf is where God wants us to be.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! A blog so excited. I love your new car by the way it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete