Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day

My Mother's Day actually started on Saturday. Cary decided to take me out to eat Saturday afternoon, because we knew it would be so crazy trying to get in anywhere on Sunday. We went to Bahama Breeze for dinner and then Dairy Queen for dessert. Afterward, we enjoyed a relaxing evening at home.
This morning, Cary got up early and made breakfast and coffee for me! There were two cards and some candy sitting on the table for me. One card was from Connor and one was from Cary. After church, we came home and just relaxed and spent time together while Connor napped. For dinner Cary fired up the grill. We had steaks, with a homemade marinade, brats, veggie skewers, grilled corn and grilled pineapple! It was all so delicious! Cary loves to grill and he always does a wonderful job cooking the food.
My first Mother's Day was amazing and very special!

I also want to thank my mom for being such an amazing woman! I would not be who I am today without her and her teachings. Now that I have Connor, I understand all that she has sacrificed and given up for me over these last 28 years and I hope I too can be as wonderful a mother to my children as she is to me. I love you mom and I thank for everything you have done for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment