Sunday, November 13, 2011

Toy Chest

Every year our church does this ministry called Toy Chest. Members from the church donate gifts and/or money and they use the money to go out and buy all kinds of gifts. Bikes, computers, game systems, dolls, etc. This ministry is only for seminary families and it is such a wonderful way for the church to reach out to seminary students and their families. Each family is allowed to buy three gifts or spend $7, per child I think, which ever comes first. You can also get one bike and enter for raffle items. The best part is that the gifts are only a few dollars, depending on what you get. If you win a raffle prize you only pay $10, regardless of what the gift is. They do put the gifts into age categories to make sure that families get gifts that are age appropriate for their kids. Cary and I did this for Connor last year and we only got one big gift for $7. It was a really nice toy kitchen and he LOVED it and still does! This year, Cary had to go by himself. I have had a really nasty cold this week and was not able to go. :(  However, my husband is a hero. He got the best gifts for our boy for this age. He is going to be so excited!!
Connor loves things with buttons! Cary saw this Leap Frog Text and Learn that is going be so perfect for Connor. He only paid $2 for it!!
 The second gift we got was this wagon. We have been wanting to get him one for a while now and we knew Toy Chest would be the perfect opportunity. Cary paid $5 for this.

I saved the best part for last. I couldn't believe it when Cary told me, but we won a raffle prize this year!!! It will take a little practice for Connor to be able to use it, but I know he will love it once he figures it out!! It is a Dodge Charger police car!!




Part of me still can't believe it, but I am so excited for my little boy this year!! Especially now that he is old enough to have some idea about what Christmas is and what it means. What a huge blessing Toy Chest is and I am so thankful to be part of church family that is so generous.

2 comments:

  1. WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!! YAY for winning a raffle!!! oh my word, I can't believe you weren't there! He is the perfect age for it, and he will use it for several years - Lana is 5 and still uses hers as often as she has an opportunity to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not being there was torture, especially when I found out we won. BUT, when Cary came home with it, I was so excited and now I can't wait for Connor to get it for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete